FORTVILLE — Officials with the Fortville Police Department say several students in a Mt. Vernon Middle School class along with staff were taken to an area hospital Friday afternoon after a student had passed out edibles causing students to have adverse reactions.

Fortville Chief of Police Patrick Bratton told the Daily Reporter his officers were investigating the situation. He noted his department was called by the school late Friday afternoon after medics were called to assist and transport students.

“Some kid brought the edibles to school shared them with friends and, towards the end of the day, the kids had some adverse reactions,” Bratton said.

This is a developing story and the Daily Reporter will have more as soon as possible.