Business briefs: Panda Express coming to city


GREENFIELD — Site work is underway for a new Panda Express restaurant on State Street south of Popeyes and west of Walmart.

Panda Express, Inc. published a legal advertisement in the Daily Reporter in May reporting its intent to build the restaurant on the parcel.

Panda Express did not return requests for comment.

The parcel’s owner is Las Vegas-based CFT NV Developments LLC, whose registration with the state of Indiana lists Panda Express executives among its principals. Walmart Real Estate Business Trust recently sold the property to CFT NV Developments for $834,133.

Plans filed with the city of Greenfield show access to the site from Melody Lane and a drive-thru on the north side of the building.

State chamber holding wellness summit

INDIANAPOLIS — With the COVID-19 pandemic not quite yet in the rear-view mirror and the remote work reality apparently here to stay, the interest in employee health and wellness may be at an all-time high. Many employers are searching for ways to manage their own health care costs while ratcheting up support services for their workers.

At the 2021 Indiana Wellness Summit, held Aug. 12 through 13 at the Westin Hotel in downtown Indianapolis, employers can hear from top workplace wellness experts and find those sought-after solutions. The event will be in-person but will also have an on-demand virtual component.

Registration is available online at or by calling (800) 824-6885, and is open until the day of the event.

The summit is a partnership between the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Wellness Council of Indiana.

Pandemic assistance available for livestock producers

WASHINGTON — Livestock and poultry producers who suffered losses during the pandemic due to insufficient access to processing can apply for assistance for those losses and the cost of depopulation and disposal of the animals.

Eligible livestock and poultry producers can apply for assistance through Sept. 17, 2021 by completing the FSA-620, Pandemic Livestock Indemnity Program application, and submitting it to any Farm Service Agency county office. Additional documentation may be required. Visit for a copy of the Notice of Funding Availability and more information on how to apply.