In 1950, Hancock County’s first five draftees left for Indianapolis to be inducted into the armed forces: Lawrence Perrin Osmer, Charles Wayne Cecil, Robert Eugene Gatewood, Carl Duane Coleman and Paul Marshal.
In 1967, a group of Broadway Street and West McKenzie Road residents appeared before the Greenfield City Council to object to plans to use West McKenzie as a temporary bypass for Interstate 70. The interstate was soon to be opened to State Road 9. The plan was for westbound traffic to exit the interstate there and take 9 to McKenzie, west to Broadway and south to U.S. 40; eastbound traffic would travel from 40 to 9 to 70. Councilman Walter Worland had, two weeks earlier, prepared a resolution objecting to the plan; council members signed it and forwarded it to the state highway commission. Mayor Berry Hurley also objected to the plan and even suggested digging up the street for repair of water and sewer lines to block traffic.
In 1907, as the result of a tent revival led by John T. Hatfield and others in the Cleveland area of Hancock County, a group incorporated at the Eastern Indiana Holiness Association.
In 1915, poet James Whitcomb Riley’s friend Johnny Gruelle received a patent for the design and name of Raggedy Ann. Gruelle is said to have drawn the name from the titles of Riley’s poems “The Raggedy Man” and “Little Orphant Annie.”
In 1839, Nameless Creek Christian Church was organized.
In 1910, a male skeleton believed to be an American Indian was uncovered in a gravel pit on a farm in Blue River Township.
In 1978, St. Michael Catholic Church in Greenfield dedicated a new parish activity center, naming it Nolan Hall.
In 1865, the town of McCordsville was platted by James W. Negley with 35 lots.
In 2001, an evening prayer service took place at Brandywine Community Church following the attacks on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and United Airlines Flight 93.