Spot a pothole on highways? Report it

HANCOCK COUNTY — To report a pothole on an interstate or state highway in Hancock County, contact the Greenfield district by calling 855-463-6848, or email and report the following information:

  • The name of the county
  • The state road number
  • The nearest mile marker or the nearest cross road
  • The direction you’re traveling and which lane the pothole is in

To report a pothole on a county road, contact the Hancock County Highway Department by calling 317-477-1130 or visit hancock

To report a pothole in Greenfield, contact the Greenfield Street Department by calling 317-325-1680, or send an email to