Smoke machine leads to school evacuation

Smoke machine leads to school evacuation

GREENFIELD — Greenfield fire and rescue crews were called to Greenfield-Central High School on Monday night after a smoke machine set off fire alarms during a Halloween event.

Families and children were evacuated after a smoke machine being used in a makeshift haunted house caused the school’s smoke detectors to sound.

Greenfield Fire Territory Chief James Roberts said his firefighters helped school officials set up fans to clear smoke from the building.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Author photo
Caitlin VanOverberghe is a reporter at the Greenfield Daily Reporter. She can be reached at 317-477-3237 or