Case against man who hurt pregnant woman calls for no more jail time


HANCOCK COUNTY — A Fishers man facing three different felony charges steaming from a domestic violence incident in February had his case settled in Hancock County Superior 1 last week and will not spend any more time in jail following the acceptance of a plea agreement.

Jeremy Michael Thompson, 21, 9000 block of Meeting Street, Fishers was arrested in March and charged with a Level 4 felony count of criminal confinement; a Level 5 felony count of domestic battery-injury to a pregnant woman and a Level 5 felony count of strangulation. The most serious charge against him carried up to 12 years in prison.

A plea agreement Wednesday, Sept. 28 was accepted by Judge Terry Snow and called for Thompson to admit guilt to the Level 5 felony count of domestic battery-injury to a pregnant woman charge while the other two charges were dismissed. Thompson was sentenced to 970 days, or two years, in the Indiana Department of Corrections with 240 days executed with 730 days suspended to formal probation.

Due to the fact Thompson received credit for 180 actual days and 60 good-time credit days, 240 days total, the rest of his sentence will be served on formal probation. A no-contact order is to be modified to allow for communication for the sole purpose of scheduling parenting time and parental contact, court records stated.

According to a probable cause affidavit, officials from the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department were called to the 800 block of West U.S. 52, Fountaintown on Feb. 11 with reports of a domestic battery issue. The woman told officials Thompson had been over at her home the night before and would not let her sleep or leave the property.

The report states the woman told officials Thompson had done a lot of things to her while holding her against her will and that she had bruises all over her body.

The woman told officials Thompson sat on top of her, refusing to get off of her, the affidavit said. When the woman finally broke free, Thompson is accused of grabbing her cell phone and then hitting her on the left side of her face.

In the report, the woman stated that she spent hours begging Thompson to let her go so she could go to the hospital to check on the status of her unborn child. After finally getting away from Thompson, the woman said she went to an Indianapolis hospital and filed a report the next day when she returned home and saw that Thompson was no longer there.