Fire causes $85,000 in damage to home in Wilmington, authorities say it was accidental



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


WILMINGTON, Delaware — Officials in Delaware say a fire that caused an estimated $85,000 in damage to a home in Wilmington was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said Sunday that the fire was caused by a faulty wood-burning fireplace.

The Fire Marshal's Office says Saturday's fire spread to the first and second floors of the home in the 200 block of West Summit Avenue before being contained.

The Fire Marshal's Office says three adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire but no one was injured.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528