Official: $30M spent on Arkansas' new Medicaid enrollment system was for faulty features

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas — A technology official at the Arkansas Department of Human Services says about $30 million was spent on the new Medicaid enrollment system for features that don't work.

Chief information officer Dick Wyatt with the department's office of systems and technology gave the estimate to state lawmakers during a Thursday meeting. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette ( ) reports that about $120 million so far has been spent on the new system.

Agency officials have said the older system couldn't determine eligibility for Medicaid and food-stamp benefits required by new federal rules that became effective last year.

Lawmakers have sought answers from the agency to explain how the cost of the project to replace the 25-year-old system more than doubled to an estimated $200 million.

Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette,

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528