KABUL, Afghanistan — An Afghan official says a suicide car bomber has targeted a NATO convoy in the capital, Kabul, wounding at least two people.
The city's police chief who is at the scene of the blast, Gen. Andul Rahman Rahimi, says one of the wounded was an Afghan civilian while the second person was from the convoy. He did not elaborate.
A NATO spokesman in Kabul, Col. Brian Tribus, confirmed the attack shortly before noon and said the coalition was gathering more information on the incident.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for Tuesday's attack.
U.S. and NATO combat troops pulled out of the country at the end of last year, leaving full security responsibility in the hands of Afghan forces. The coalition has remained in Afghanistan in a training and support role.