Grease, not pizza boxes, believed to have started fire that 2 apartments in Castle Rock

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)



CASTLE ROCK, Colorado — Firefighters believe a pan of grease left on a stove started a fire that destroyed two apartments in Castle Rock.

A resident initially told firefighters that some pizza boxes near a stove may have ignited Friday's fire but they later determined that wasn't the case.

Two other apartments in the building suffered some fire, smoke and water damage. No one was injured.

It's the third large fire in the Denver metro area this week. Arson is suspected in the two earlier fires.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528