Man dies in early morning apartment fire at apartment complex in central Indiana

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




LEBANON, Indiana — A man died in an early morning fire in a central Indiana apartment complex.

Firefighters were called to the complex in Lebanon, 20 miles northwest of Indianapolis, about 2 a.m. Saturday and needed to rescue some residents from a second-story apartment. WTHR-TV reports ( ) authorities found Kenneth Meyers in the apartment where the fire started. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His wife was taken to Eskenazi Hospital.

Fire officials say the fire was started by an electrical baseboard unit. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.

Information from: WTHR-TV,

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528