Firefighter: St. Louis man dies in home fire; smoke detector didn't have batteries



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


ST. LOUIS — St. Louis firefighters say a man has died after a fire broke out in a home without a working smoke detector.

Fire crews say there was heavy smoke billowing from the St. Louis home when they arrived on Thursday. They found an unconscious man in an upstairs bedroom. He was taken to an area hospital where he later died.

Authorities say the only smoke detector in the home didn't have batteries.

The man's identity hasn't been released. No other injuries were reported.

It's unclear what started the fire.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528