1 man hurt in apartment fire in Bear, Delaware; cause was unattended cooking

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)



BEAR, Delaware — Authorities say one resident was hurt when fire broke out in an apartment building in Bear.

The State Fire Marshal's Office says the blaze was reported about 2 a.m. Friday at the Appleby Apartments on Bedford Lane.

Firefighters say the blaze spread smoke throughout the three-story building. A man in a third-floor apartment was taken to Christiana Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Officials say the fire began in a second-floor apartment when cooking items were left unattended. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528