WARSAW, Indiana — A northern Indiana couple have been charged with neglect and reckless homicide in connection with the fatal carbon monoxide poisoning of their 12-year-old son while they were high on methamphetamine.
Thirty-four year-old Darrick Spore and 33-year-old Candy Sue Chamness, both of Syracuse, were both being held Monday in the Kosciusko County Jail on $150,000 bonds.
Police found Skyler Spore found dead in the family's home on June 28 while two gas-powered generators were running. An autopsy determined the cause of death.
A probable cause affidavit filed with the charges on Friday says officers found that both Chamness and Spore were under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of their son's death.