Carbon monoxide victim was Pittsburgh-area man, 89; left car running in garage after church

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)



BALDWIN, Pennsylvania — An 89-year-old man found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning had returned home from church and accidentally left his car running in the garage attached to his Pittsburgh-area home.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office identified the victim as Crysostom Huebner.

Baldwin police Chief Michael Scott says the man's car was found out of gas, but still "hot" and with the key in the "on" position in the ignition when crews went to the home shortly before noon Monday. The man's daughter called 911 when she went to check on her father and found him dead.

She was also treated for carbon monoxide poisoning but was expected to recover.

Investigators believed the man went to church Sunday night and forgot to turn off the car after he returned.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528