Man pulled from northeast Omaha house fire dies of injuries, including burns, smoke inhalation



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


OMAHA, Nebraska — Fire officials say a man injured in a north Omaha house fire has died.

Omaha Fire Battalion Chief Tim McCaw said in a news release Tuesday that 56-year-old Vernon Gamble died Sunday from his injuries, which included burns and smoke inhalation.

Another man, 31-year-old Frederick Stennis, who was injured in the Friday fire and rescued by firefighters remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.

Three other people who had been in the house were found uninjured in the front yard.

McCaw said discarded smoking material caused the fire, which has been listed as accidental.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528