FILE - This file photo released Friday, April 19, 2013 by the Federal Bureau of Investigation shows Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. At least 1,000 people will be summoned and asked to fill out questionnaires for Tsarnaev's jury in the trial, a federal judge said during a status hearing Monday, Oct. 20, 2014. Tsarnaev is charged with carrying out the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He has pleaded not guilty to 30 federal charges and could face the death penalty if convicted. Jury selection is scheduled to begin Jan. 5. (AP Photo/Federal Bureau of Investigation, File)
BOSTON — Prosecutors say they don't have any new evidence that the brother of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) was involved in a 2011 triple slaying and have no witness who will testify that Tsarnaev knew his brother was involved in the killings.
The government made the statements Friday in a court filing in response to Tsarnaev's lawyers request for information about a witness they said the government previously mentioned.
Defense lawyers are seeking information that could show Tsarnaev was influenced by his brother, Tamerlan, in the 2013 marathon bombings.
Three people were killed and more than 260 were injured in the marathon bombings. Tamerlan died in a shootout with police. Tsarnaev's trial starts in January.