Israeli military says 3 rockets hit Israel after Hamas rejects 4-hour extension of Gaza truce



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

People:

Organizations:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Video:


Gunfire rings out as Israeli tanks patrol the streets of Khan Younis on Saturday during a 12-hour ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. (July 26)


US Secretary of State John Kerry sets out goals for a permanent ceasefire between Israel and Hamas alongside Foreign Ministers from Turkey and Qatar while overseas in Paris, France. (July 26)


Families of Beit Hanoun in Gaza are distraught after returning home during a 12-hour ceasefire between Israel Hamas and finding their homes destroyed by fighting. (July 26)


Israel and Hamas began a 12-hour humanitarian cease-fire in Gaza Saturday after the efforts of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry failed to produce a longer truce aimed at ending nearly three weeks of fighting. (July 26)


Palestinians clashed with Israeli soldiers in Bethlehem on Saturday morning as the Gaza war continued to spill over into the West Bank. (July 26)

Photo Gallery:


Click to view (41 Photos)


JERUSALEM — The Israeli military says three rockets have been fired from Gaza at Israel despite a proposed extension of a humanitarian truce in the Gaza war.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said the group rejected Israel's proposal to extend an original 12-hour lull by four hours, until midnight (2100 GMT) Saturday.

The military says the three rockets were fired more than an hour after the period for the initial lull had ended.

Meanwhile, the military warned residents of areas where there had been heavy fighting against returning there.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528