AP Exclusive: Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake,' blames financier



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

People:

Subjects:

 

Photos:


FILE - In this Nov. 10, 2014 file photo, Bruce Willis and wife Emma Heming attend the 2014 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in New York. Willis is not saying “Yippie-ki-yay” about the cancellation of his latest film. A spokesman for Willis told The Associated Press Friday, Feb. 27, 2015, that production of “Wake” was suddenly halted this week when financing fell through, and Willis is concerned that the crew is left jobless. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)


LOS ANGELES — Bruce Willis is not saying "Yippie-ki-yay" about the cancellation of his latest film.

A spokesman for Willis told The Associated Press Friday that production of "Wake" was suddenly halted this week when financing fell through, and the actor is concerned that crew members who joined him "in good faith" are left jobless.

Publicist Paul Bloch said the company responsible for financing the film didn't deliver the promised funds, so production of the action-thriller was indefinitely suspended. Shooting began earlier this month in Cleveland.

Benaroya Pictures did not return calls and emails seeking comment Friday.

"Wake," about a man who gets caught up in the siege of a remote island while attending his brother's wake there, was also to star Ben Kingsley and Ellen Burstyn.

Willis, meanwhile, has several other films upcoming, including the comedy "Rock the Kasbah," co-starring Bill Murray, due out in November.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528