Authorities say fire at Omaha house that displaced 9 was caused by candle



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


OMAHA, Nebraska — Authorities say a fire at an Omaha house that displaced a family of nine was caused by a candle.

Battalion Chief Timothy McCaw with the Omaha Fire Department says an unattended candle in a bedroom caused the Thursday night fire at a single-family house in north Omaha.

Two adults and five children were inside at the time and were able to escape safely. Two other adults were not home. The American Red Cross is assisting them.

The fire caused more than $18,000 in damages.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528