Authorities say fire at apartment in Kearney started in oven



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


KEARNEY, Nebraska — Authorities say a fire at an apartment in Kearney started in an oven.

The Kearney Volunteer Fire Department says a fire Friday afternoon started in the oven and spread into the kitchen. Heavy smoke was reported coming out of a second-story window.

The Kearney Hub reports (http://bit.ly/1zJlPnk ) the blaze was quickly contained but a ground floor apartment sustained water damage and two other units received smoke damage.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters estimate damage to the apartment complex is $25,000.


Information from: Kearney Hub, http://www.kearneyhub.com/

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528