88-year-old woman dies from injuries suffered in Adams fire started by candle



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


ADAMS, Massachusetts — An elderly woman has died from injuries she suffered during a fire at her home in northwestern Massachusetts.

Authorities say 88-year-old Eunice St. Hilaire died at a hospital after the fire in Adams on Wednesday evening.

Fire officials told The Berkshire Eagle (http://bit.ly/1Eb7cxS ) that the cause of the blaze was a candle on a night stand in a first-floor bedroom. Authorities say St. Hilaire lived alone in the house.

It was the second fatal fire involving a candle in the region this month. A 53-year-old woman died and three people were hospitalized after a fire started by a candle in an apartment building in Palmer Feb. 9. That fire displaced 33 residents of the 20-unit building.

State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan is urging people to consider using battery-powered candles.


Information from: The Berkshire (Mass.) Eagle, http://www.berkshireeagle.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528