Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in deaths of 2 people in Durham



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Places:

 


DURHAM, North Carolina — Officials think carbon monoxide poisoning is responsible for the deaths of two people found in a home in Durham.

Multiple media outlets report that police were called to the home late Wednesday morning and found two people unresponsive.

The victims were 27-year-old Ashley Brandon and 50-year-old Walter Melvin III, both of Durham. The bodies have been taken to the state medical examiner's office to determine the exact cause of death.

Officials think a generator inside the home was the cause of the carbon monoxide leak. Neighbors reported a strong kerosene smell in the home.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528