New York boy alerts family to smoke, saves neighbor from early morning apartment fire


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


CLIFTON PARK, New York — State troopers are calling a 3-year-old upstate New York boy a hero after he helped save a sleeping neighbor from a fire.

Troopers say the boy woke up family members around 5 a.m. Saturday after smelling smoke at their Clifton Park apartment complex.

Two troopers and a fire chief responded to the family's 911 call and found a 26-year-old man asleep in his neighboring apartment as his kitchen burned.

Troopers say the man had fallen asleep after starting his stove. He was treated at the scene and released.

They say damage was contained to the one apartment and no other injuries were reported.

Clifton Park is located in Saratoga County, about 25 miles north of Albany.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528