80-year-old victim of Chatham house fire dies at hospital



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


CHATHAM, Massachusetts — Authorities say an 80-year-old Chatham man injured in a fire at his home earlier this month has died.

Fire department officials say William Allen died at a Boston hospital last Thursday.

Allen had been taken to Cape Cod Hospital for burns and smoke inhalation after the Nov. 2 blaze, which started in the fireplace, and scorched the first and second floors of his house.

He was transferred to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston where he was pronounced dead.

According to his obituary, Allen was born in Cuba and attended Harvard University where he played football and hockey. He is survived by five children, nine grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528