Roanoke house fire that killed 77-year-old man blamed on propane heater

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




ROANOKE, Virginia — Officials in Roanoke say a fatal house fire has been ruled an accident.

Roanoke fire and emergency services spokeswoman Tiffany Bradbury says a medical examiner ruled that 77-year-old Donnie J. Lawhorn died of smoke inhalation on Wednesday night.

Bradbury tells media outlets that a propane heater being used indoors was to blame for the fire.

The fire displaced Lawhorn's daughter, Melissa Wilson, her husband and their three children. The family's dog also perished in the blaze.

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528