Man charged in California triple slaying over botched pot deal seeks to avoid death penalty



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


SANTA ROSA, California — A 49-year-old man facing murder charges in connection with the slayings of three men during a botched marijuana deal is seeking to avoid the death penalty.

Sonoma County prosecutors are considering a presentation by defense lawyers claiming Mark Cappello is not deserving of execution.

Chief Deputy Spencer Brady told the Santa Rosa Press Democrat (http://bit.ly/1M33KGc) on Monday that it's unclear when a decision would be made.

Cappello is charged in the killing of three men last year inside a home near Forestville.

Authorities say the three men had arranged to buy a large amount of marijuana.

Two other defendants are also charged but only Cappello faces the death penalty.

The newspaper says both sides will return to court March 9, possibly to set a trial date.


Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, http://www.pressdemocrat.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528