Yankton business fire tied to static electricity and solvent being used to clean paint gun



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


YANKTON, South Dakota — Investigators believe a fire at an aluminum products business in Yankton started when static electricity ignited a solvent being used to clean a paint gun.

The Monday afternoon fire prompted the evacuation of Sapa Extrusions. No one was hurt.

Plant Manager Kevin Perakslis tells the Daily Press & Dakotan (http://bit.ly/1SNmyC7 ) that a damage estimate isn't available, but the fire was contained to a small area and will not have a significant impact on operations.

Deputy Fire Chief Larry Nickles says the fire department had to discard about $20,000 in equipment that became coated in paint while firefighters were dousing the flames.


Information from: Yankton Press and Dakotan, http://www.yankton.net/

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528