Oxford woman dies 2 days after mobile home fire; coroner says smoke inhalation is likely cause

We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)




OXFORD, Alabama — Authorities say an Oxford woman has died two days after a fire in her mobile home.

Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown said 63-year-old Terry Harris died Sunday morning at UAB Hospital.

Brown said the likely cause of death was smoke inhalation during the Friday morning fire in her mobile home.

Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/Zq5dol) that Harris and her husband Michael Harris were both injured in the blaze, and that he was also treated for smoke inhalation.

Assistant Fire Chief Ben Stewart said a firefighter and an EMT were also treated for smoke inhalation and cuts from broken glass.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528