New 'Star Wars' film is titled 'The Force Awakens'; Disney says principal photography complete



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

People:

Subjects:

 

Photos:


In this video grab made available by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM on Thursday, May 22, 2014, J.J. Abrams, director of "Star Wars: Episode VII," talks to the fans from the movie set in the desert in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Walt Disney Pictures announced Thursday, Nov. 6, that the movie previously known only as “Episode VII” has been dubbed “The Force Awakens.” Disney also said that principle photography has wrapped on the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel six months after beginning. The film will be released in December 2015. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd., File)


NEW YORK — The new "Star Wars" film has a title.

Walt Disney Pictures announced Thursday that the movie previously known only as "Episode VII" has been dubbed "The Force Awakens." Disney also said that principal photography has wrapped up on the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel six months after it began.

The shoot was one of the most closely followed productions in recent memory, with constant rumors emanating from the tightly guarded set. Shooting shut down for several weeks in July after Harrison Ford broke his leg during filming at the Pinewood Studios outside London.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will be released in December 2015.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528