South China, Maine, man charged with setting fire to his home



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


SOUTH CHINA, Maine — A South China man is charged with arson, accusing him of setting the fire that destroyed his home last week.

Thirty-seven-year-old Jason Woods was ordered held on $50,000 bail at his initial court appearance on Friday.

The Kennebec Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1b7yR82 ) that the judge ordered a mental evaluation of Woods.

A state fire investigator's affidavit says Woods told a neighbor that he had set the fire on April 11. The neighbor then called 911.

No one was injured. The mobile home was destroyed.

It was not immediately known if Woods has a lawyer.


Information from: Kennebec Journal, http://www.kjonline.com/

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528