RAPID CITY, South Dakota — A judge has ruled that a Box Elder man who torched his mobile home while two others were inside in 2012 can be released from a state mental hospital into the custody of his uncle.
KOTA-TV reports (http://bit.ly/VJ45dX ) Seventh Circuit Judge Janine Kern on Friday ordered that 31-year-old Joseph Hodges be released following a recommendation by Dr. David Olson from the Human Services Center in Yankton.
Authorities say Hodges dripped gasoline down a hallway October 25, 2012 before lighting a fire while his girlfriend and her ex-husband were still in the mobile home. There were no injuries.
Hodges will be required to take medication as part of his release. He must also refrain from drugs and alcohol and continue treatment for his bipolar disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Information from: KOTA-TV, http://www.kotatv.com