Cigarette starts Portland apartment fire; 1 man injured



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


PORTLAND, Oregon — Portland firefighters responding to an apartment fire Monday morning discovered a man down on the floor next to a burned couch.

Fire Lt. Damon Simmons says the man was taken to the hospital with injuries that do not appear life-threatening.

Simmons says an improperly discarded cigarette started the blaze that was put out by sprinklers in the Northwest Portland apartment. A fire investigator estimates the damage at $10,000.

All content copyright ©2014 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528