Fire extinguished at Paramus assisted living home, some residents relocated



We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Subjects:

Places:

 


PARAMUS, New Jersey — A sprinkler system helped bring a fire quickly under control at an assisted living home in Paramus.

Fire official Kevin Sheehan tells The Record (http://bit.ly/1AvKTBy ) newspaper the fire broke out in a self-contained heating and air conditioning unit in a room at CareOne at The Cupola around 12:15 a.m. Thursday.

Sheehan says residents in one of the wings were relocated because of water damage.

One resident was taken to a hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Sheehan says the fire is under investigation, but appears to be accidental.


Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, New Jersey), http://www.northjersey.com

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528