RICHMOND, Virginia — The first dormitory built at Virginia Tech is among the eight new listings to the Virginia Landmarks Registry.
Other freshly minted listings include a Unitarian Universalist Church in Arlington designed by modernist architect Charles M. Goodman, an early to mid-19th century rural Greek revival house in Henrico County, and a warehouse in Norfolk constructed nearly a century ago.
The Tech listing is Barracks No. 1, constructed in 1888 for Corps of Cadets. Known now as Lane Hall, it was built at was then Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College.
Other entries include a historic district in Charlottesville, a cut-flower greenhouse complex in Lynchburg and a 56-acre property in Loudoun County with ties to the Civil War.
The new entries were approved by the Virginia Department of Historic Resources.