Daily Reporter logo

Breeze helps fire spread to barn


Follow Daily Reporter:

Photos:

A Sugar Creek fireman douses the remains of the barn on the property on CR 100S.

(Tom Russo/Daily Reporter)
A Sugar Creek fireman douses the remains of the barn on the property on CR 100S. (Tom Russo/Daily Reporter)


A Greenfield homeowner said it wasn’t windy outside when he started to burn a small trash pile in his backyard Monday morning. But when the wind picked up around 10:45 a.m., the family’s barn went up in flames. Paul Radtka, who owns the home in the 1100 block of West CR 100S, said he was inside when the trash fire spread to the barn, a 28- by 40-foot structure on the south side of the property. The barn was a total loss. No one was injured.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All content copyright ©2015 Daily Reporter, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Click here to read our privacy policy.
Daily Reporter • 22 W. New Road • Greenfield, IN 46140 • (317) 462-5528