While many road projects are wrapping up for the season, there are a few minor improvements that will take place in the next few months. Here’s a look at what to expect:
* Construction along Interstate 70 continues with lane restrictions set for this weekend. The left lane of Eastbound I-70 will be restricted at 7 p.m. today until about 2 p.m. Sunday for pavement repairs from Exit 104 to Ind. 9. Both eastbound and westbound I-70 will have alternating lane restrictions near mile marker 108 beginning at 8 p.m. today to 2 p.m. Sunday for asphalt paving on the inside and outside shoulders.
* Utility lines will be relocated soon along Franklin Street in Greenfield, south of U.S. 40 to make way for next year’s groundbreaking on the road widening project.
* Utility lines will be relocated at the Mt. Comfort Road /CR 300N intersection to make way for next year’s groundbreaking on a multi-lane roundabout.
* Intersection widening work will happen soon at CRs 200N and 400W; and CRs 300N and 400W.
* Soil edging work will take place on CR 200N between CRs 400W and 600W.
* The bridge on CR 200N just west of CR 600W will be closed this winter and throughout much of next year for replacement.
* Utility line relocation will happen at the bridge on CR 600W south of CR 200S, to make way for a bridge widening project next spring.