Night of terror: Pendleton Police Chief Marc C. Farrer holds up a photo of Kenneth James Bailey, 59, of New Castle. Police say Bailey went on a shooting rampage in Pendleton Thursday night after showing up at his estranged wife%u2019s home. (Tom Russo/Daily Reporter)
PENDLETON — Pendleton residents were still reeling Friday after a man on a jealous rampage shot and killed one man and injured two police officers Thursday night before turning the gun on himself.
A K9 officer was also killed.
The gunman is identified as Kenneth James Bailey, 58, of New Castle. Bailey’s body was found early Friday, after a seven-hour manhunt, at the home of his estranged wife Claudia, where the incident, described as a domestic dispute, began.
Restaurants in town were buzzing with news and gossip of the shooting just hours after the roads into Pendleton, which had been overrun with close to 100 heavily armed officers late Thursday, reopened.
Resident Annika Barnes, who lives in Pendleton with her three small children, said that she spent the night listening to police scanners.
“I was terrified for myself, and I was terrified for my children,” she said.
All comments are moderated before posting.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.