CLOVERDALE — Hancock County was well represented this past weekend at the Indiana Junior Rodeo Association horse show at the C Bar C Expo Center in Cloverdale.
Among the participants:
* Lexy Petro, New Palestine, riding “Boogie” in the Breakaway Roping class. Petro is a seventh-grade student at Baptist Academy and is also representing the state as the Indiana Junior Rodeo Princess for 2013-14.
* Hailey Condry, also from New Palestine, rode in the Barrel Race and Pole Bending events on her pony mare, “Mitzee.” Condry is a first-grade student at Gray Road Christian School in Indianapolis.
* Houston Swan, Carthage, is a fourth-grade student at Eastern Hancock Elementary in Charlottesville. He exhibited his roping talents in the rodeo event called Chute Dogging on his horse, “Brandy.”
* His sister, Kaylee Swan, Carthage, is a kindergarten-student at Eastern Hancock Elementary in Charlottesville. She participated in the Goat Tying event with her horse, “Pokey.”
* Abbi White, Wilkinson, is an eighth-grade home-school student at White’s Academy in Wilkinson. She is riding “Dude” this season in the Pole Bending and Barrel Race, as well as the roping events.
* Her sister, Olivia White, Wilkinson, is a seventh-grade student at Eastern Hancock Middle School in Charlottesville. She is participating in the Pole Bending, Barrel Race and roping events with her horse “Mini.”
The last rodeo for the 2013 season for the Indiana Junior Rodeo Association will be held Saturday and Sunday at the C Bar C Expo in Cloverdale. The arena is located at 253 W. Stardust Road, Cloverdale, ½ mile south of I-70 off of Ind. 231. Admission is free and the shows begin at 9 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday.