Three other Hancock County athletic directors — Kevin Horrigan at Greenfield-Central, Greg Roach at Mt. Vernon and Al Cooper at New Palestine — were asked for their own personal wish lists, and their responses varied:
In May, Horrigan submitted the following list of 22 items to G-C Community School Corporation Head of Buildings and Grounds Steve Sturm as well as Business Manager Tony Zurwell.
Ten projects have been completed or or will be finished by the end of the summer by the corporation while 12 items remain on the athletic department’s wish list.
ITEMS DONE OR IN PROCESS OF BEING DONE
1. Repair/reseal and stipe/paint the track and long jump/pole vault/high jump areas.
2. Update sound system for main gym.
3. New turf/carpet for football sidelines where team’s stand.
4. New men’s and women’s track and cross country record boards.
5. Create a mini-concession area inside the lobby near door No. 28 (for fieldhouse).
6. Fix water pressure problem at soccer concession/restroom building.
7. New tennis nets.
8. Fix/install softball batting cage area.
9. Repair the soccer fence along McKenzie.
10. Scrape/paint/seal all inside walls of wrestling room and wax/seal floor of wrestling room.