It’s hard to believe we are nearing the holiday season. This is the time of year when you might consider how to make a charitable difference for the many nonprofits seeking your support with year-end campaigns.
Many area nonprofits have created an endowment fund at the Hancock County Community Foundation as part of their financial wellness plan. These endowment funds create an annual stream of operating funds for these organizations, allowing them to carry out their missions without the burden of having to raise these dollars.
If one of the following organizations holds a special place in your heart, a gift to their endowed fund can provide a more secure future. Simply visit givehcgrowhc.org to donate, or mail a check to HCCF with the organization name in the memo line.
- Boys & Girls Club of Hancock County
- Bradley United Methodist Church
- Edelweiss Equine Assisted Therapy Center
- Fortville-Vernon Township Library
- Families United for Support and Encouragement (FUSE)
- Greenfield Parks and Recreation Department
- Hancock County 4-H Agricultural Association
- Hancock County Food Pantry
- Hancock County Historical Society
- Hancock County Public Library
- Hancock County Senior Services
- Hancock County Veterans’ Park
- Hancock Hope House
- Kenneth Butler Memorial Soup Kitchen
- Leaders in Navigating Knowledge
- Love In the Name of Christ of Greater Hancock County
- Mental Health Partners of Hancock County
- Nameless Creek Youth Camp
- Sugar Creek Township Park
- The Arc of Hancock County
- Town of McCordsville
You might also use this time of year as an opportunity to reflect on how you might make annual gifts after your lifetime. There are arrangements that can ensure the care of those whom you love, as well as the support of the organizations you value.
The community foundation is a flexible resource that allows donors to perpetuate their planned gifts — as opposed to leaving a one-time gift — through the establishment of a new endowment fund or by benefiting one of our 278 existing endowed funds. These permanently invested gifts generate income that will provide support to your favorite charitable organizations, institutions or causes for generations to come. Visit our website at givehcgrowhc.org, “Give Tomorrow” to learn more.
The foundation has granted more than $13 million since 1992. As we reflect upon the community foundation’s 25th anniversary, we celebrate the caring people who have placed their confidence in the stewardship our organization provides, allowing us to impact charitable causes, both across the country and throughout our local community.