Registration open for Little Cougar hoops
The 2017 Little Cougar Basketball League registration is now open for boys in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Registration can be completed online only at gcybb.siplay.com. The deadline to register is Sept. 29.
The fee to participate is $50 per player or $45 per player for families of two or more players. After Sept. 29, a $10 late fee will be applied to each registration. A spot in the league cannot be guaranteed after Draft Night on Oct. 5.
League registration includes: free admission to all Greenfield-Central High School basketball games, a Cougar basketball, weekly team practices, introduction at a high school game, 12 league games, and a team shirt.
For more information, visit gcybb.com or contact Greg Roland at email@example.com or call 317-408-0492.
Standouts picked for weekly HHC honors
Hoosier Heritage Conference Players of the Week were announced for football, soccer and volleyball. The honors are for the week of Sept. 18.
Football Players of the Week
Offense: Landon Watson, Shelbyville
• Watson was 17 of 24 with 383 yards passing and four touchdowns. He also ran for 60 yards in the Golden Bears’ victory over Greenfield-Central.
Offense: Niah Williamson, New Castle
• Williamson led the Trojans back in the second half and completed 33 passes for 538 yards and seven touchdowns. He also ran for two scores in the Trojans’ 62-55 OT win over Yorktown.
Defense: Landan Burton, New Palestine
• Burton had eight tackles, three tackles for loss, two sacks and a fumble recovery in the Dragons’ 41-21 win over Pendleton Heights.
Volleyball Players of the Week
Molly Hunt, Delta
• Hunt had 35 kills and 18 digs in the Eagles’ five-set victory over New Palestine. Hunt had 58 kills in three matches.
Grace Hurst, Mt. Vernon
• Hurst had 39 digs for the Marauders in a five-set victory over Greenfield-Central and had 81 total digs in 11 sets over the week against top teams.
Boys Soccer Player of the Week
Brennan Jones, Pendleton Heights
• Jones had two goals against Yorktown and also helped lead the Arabians to a victory over Delta.
Girls Soccer Player of the Week
Jaeden Ailes, Greenfield-Central
• Ailes had four goals in the Cougars’ 6-0 victory over 2A No. 5 New Palestine. She had nine points in two games over the week.
Bowlers roll 300 games at Strike Force
A pair of league bowlers reached milestones at Strike Force Lanes.
Sam Desantis of Indianapolis recently bowled his first career 300 game in the Tuesday Racers league. John Balakin of Greenfield also rolled a 300 during the Monday Sportsman league.
Prep soccer pairings show this Sunday
The 24th annual Indiana High School Athletic Association’s boys and girls soccer state tournament pairings show will be conducted this weekend.
The show will reveal sectional pairings for the 2017 state tournament series, hosted by Greg Rakestraw. The show will air on Sunday at 7 p.m., exclusively on IHSAAtv.org.