GREENFIELD –Two people were hospitalized Thursday after they appeared to have overdosed on drugs in the parking lot of a local McDonalds, officials said.
A Hancock County Sheriff’s deputy gave naloxone, an overdose-reversing drug, to one of the individuals, officials said.
Both are expected to recover. Their names and conditions had not been released Friday.
Employees of the McDonald’s, located in the 2900 block of N. County Road 600W, called 911 around noon Thursday after noticing an older man was slumped over in the driver’s seat of a sport-utility vehicle in the parking lot.
McDonald’s employees and other bystanders tried to wake the man and administer first aid because of how shallow his breathing was, according to dispatch records.
At the same time, they tried to calm the passenger in the car, who appeared to be acting strangely, dispatch records show.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene and found the man, unconscious.
Deputy Richard Vanosdal gave the man a shot of Narcan and revived him, records show.
Both the man and the passenger were rushed to an Indianapolis hospital for further medical care, sheriff’s deputies said.