HANCOCK COUNTY — Universities and colleges have announced local students named to their deans’ lists or presidents’ lists for academic excellence.
- Slater Rush received the dean’s academic honor award from Wabash Valley College, Mount Carmel, Illinois, for exemplary academic performance.
- Olivia Shannon of Greenfield was named to the dean’s list at Maryville University in St. Louis.
- Several students made the dean’s list at Indiana State University. They were: Mercedes Spicer of Charlottesville; Loren Baran, Wilkes Brisson-Monteith, Brent Caudle, Kasey Epperson, Jonathan Garcia, Jesse Grass, Paige Harker, Kaylee Lyons, Hilary Schultz and Payton Thomas, all of Greenfield; Timothy Pannell of Fortville; and Rayna Campbell, Andrew Edwards, Adison Lorsung and Brandon Snyder, all of New Palestine.
- Logan Haston, of Greenfield, a senior majoring in Spanish at Manchester University in North Manchester, was named to the dean’s list
- Nathan P. Sitzman, son of Mr. and Mrs. John R. Sitzman, a recent graduate from New Palestine, who majored in International Studies at the Virginia Military Institute, was named to the dean’s list.
- Dakota Bodenreider, a 2013 graduate of Greenfield-Central High School, was named to the dean’s list at Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky.
- Courtney Simons of McCordsville and Cassidy Moore of Greenfield were named to the dean’s list at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio.
- Ross Houk, a recent Mt. Vernon High School graduate, was named to the dean’s list at Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs.