Winter is here; report potholes

Winter is here; report potholes on area roads

HANCOCK COUNTY — The Indiana Department of Transportation is advising residents to report potholes they notice while driving area roads.

To report a pothole on an interstate or state highway in Hancock County, contact the Greenfield district by calling 1-855-463-6848 or email and report the following information: the name of the county, the state road number, the nearest mile marker or the nearest cross road and the direction you’re traveling and which lane the pothole is in.

To report a pothole on a county road, contact the Hancock County Highway Department by calling 317-477-1130 or visit

To report a pothole in Greenfield, contact the Greenfield Street Department by calling 317-325-1680 or send an email to

Sheriff’s department, NASA sponsor drug toss

GREENFIELD — Neighbors Against Substance Abuse and the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department are hosting a community drug toss Jan. 30.

The event will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hancock County Purdue Extension Office, 802 N. Apple St., Greenfield.

All types of drugs will be accepted. Residents dropping off drugs do not have to mark names off the prescription bottle, and organizers ask that the drug’s name remain on the bottle for recording purposes.

Contact NASA at 317-477-0200 for more information.

Author photo
Samm Quinn is a reporter at the Greenfield Daily Reporter. She can be reached at 317-477-3275 or