GREENFIELD — About 50 NineStar Connect employees participated in the company’s annual cooperative service day Oct. 9.
NineStar assisted eight groups with projects that enhanced their organizations. Many projects had been on hold for some time due to lack of resources.
Organizations that benefited included:
- Kids Play Inc. Rehearsal space in Hancock County Memorial Building was painted.
- Hancock County Agricultural Association. Dead trees and limbs around county fairground were removed.
- Good Shepherd Community. Volunteers assisted with a cookout for residents.
- Town of McCordsville. Plants and mulch were added around a sign.
- Regreening Greenfield/Greenfield Parks Department. Trees were mulched, and weeds were removed along the Pennsy Trail.
- Hancock County Arts Council. A privacy wall, seating and flower boxes were placed.
- Hancock County Senior Services. An elderly couple was assisted with yard maintenance.
- Leaders in Navigating Knowledge. A database was created.
NineStar Connect was among 30 of Indiana’s electric cooperatives that participated in the program. Gov. Mike Pence proclaimed Oct. 9 Electric Cooperative Community Day.